- Collections Manager (Part-time/temporary)
The Trumbull County Historical Society seeks a part-time Collections Manager for a temporary, grant funded position through the Ohio History Fund to complete a rehousing and inventory initiative of our textile collection. This collection is comprised of over 500 items and encompasses clothing, accessories, and quilts.
This position will work with an outside assessor and with the Executive Director to complete this project over the course of an estimated four months (May-August).
· Create an inventory of TCHS’s textile collection
· Rehouse all items in archival, acid-free boxes
· Enter all data into PastPerfect collections management software
· Compile research on items when needed and document that research in PastPerfect
· Work with an outside assessor, volunteers, and the Executive Director to maintain standards in object care
· Assist with developing a triaged conservation plan
· Work with the Executive Director to develop a temporary exhibit on TCHS’s clothing collection
· Act as an advocate/liaison for the Trumbull County Historical Society and the community
- Bachelor’s degree in History, Museum Studies, or a related field; Masters preferred.
- At least two years experience working with museum object collections. Experience working with textiles preferred.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to develop strong, positive relationships with volunteers and outside consultants.
- Excellent project management skills
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and PastPerfect management system
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: Meghan Reed, Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.