- Education & Outreach Associate (Part-time/temporary)
Education & Outreach Associate
The Trumbull County Historical Society seeks an Education and Outreach Associate to assist with the development and implementation of education programs of the Trumbull County Historical Society (TCHS) as well as manage and expand community outreach projects.
This is a part-time, 10-hour a week position and reports to the Executive Director.
· Act as an advocate/liaison for the Trumbull County Historical Society and the surrounding community
· Effectively conduct education programs in schools countywide to students with a wide range of backgrounds and learning styles
· Conduct tours of the John Stark Edwards House and assist with guide training and development
· Develop and implement outreach stations
· Write press releases, develop marketing collateral, and assist with social media marketing initiatives as needed
· Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
· Bachelor’s degree in History, Museum Studies, Education, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
· Ability to develop strong, positive relationships with community partners
· Passionate about community outreach work and connecting neighborhoods to their respective histories
· Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
· Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
· A valid driver’s license
· Excellent project management skills
· Strong computer skills
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: Meghan Reed, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.