- Education & Outreach Associate (Part-time)
Education & Outreach Associate
The Trumbull County Historical Society seeks an Education and Outreach Associate to assist with the development and implementation of education programs of the Trumbull County Historical Society (TCHS) as well as manage and expand the Voices Oral History Project.
This is a part-time, 20-hour a week position and reports to the Executive Director.
· Manage the Voices Oral History Project, which aims to capture stories from five Warren neighborhoods that are underrepresented in TCHS’s object collection
· Effectively conduct education programs in schools countywide to students with a wide range of backgrounds and learning styles
· Conduct tours of the John Stark Edwards House and assist with guide training and interpretation
· Schedule and implement outreach booths to promote and advocate for the organization
· Write press releases, develop marketing collateral, and assist with social media marketing initiatives as needed
· Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
· Bachelor’s degree in History, Museum Studies, Education, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
· Ability to develop strong, positive relationships with community partners
· Passionate about community outreach work and connecting neighborhoods to their respective histories
· Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
· Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
· A valid driver’s license
· Excellent project management skills
· Strong computer skills
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: Meghan Reed, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.