AmeriCorp History Service Corp Member
Join TCHS's team as an AmeriCorp History Service Corp Member! Projects include capacity building within TCHS and direct work with other history-based organizations in our region. Applications are due August 15th!
The Trumbull County Historical Society seeks a contract researcher to assist with completing historic home research reports.
This position is a contract position at $50/research report and is supervised by the Executive Director. Any additional work will be compensated at $10/hr.
• Complete timely research reports on historic buildings through TCHS’s Historic Building Recognition Program. The reports require experience with searching land deeds and tax records to date properties to a specific year.
• Work with architectural historians and TCHS volunteers to score historic properties that may qualify for a historic site plaque.
• Outreach to the community to promote the Historic Building Recognition Program and TCHS archives
• Bachelor’s degree in History, Museum Studies, Education, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
• Experience with searching land deed records and tracking tax records to determine the build date of a building
• Self-motivated and willing to work independently
• Ability to develop strong, positive relationships with community partners
• Passionate about community outreach work and connecting neighborhoods to their respective histories
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
• A valid driver’s license
• Strong computer skills
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: Meghan Reed, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.